Are you planning to write for a legal website but you can’t find a topic? Here’s the list of 101 legal topics that you can write about.
We have gathered over a hundred Legal Topics for Blog Posts that is relevant to audience in India. If you’re a law student or a lawyer in India and you want to contribute your legal knowledge on the internet writing legal articles is the best way to both share what you know plus the added advantage of marking a web presence online. Research says that professionals who shared knowledge online in different platforms like quora or have an written for a blog of a particular interest have the ability to cater to more clients and maintain a better web presence than the people who have not contributed knowledge online.
Legal Topics for Article Writing
1. Judicial Review cases of India
2. Articles Related to Indian Constitution
3. Contempt of Courts Act 1971 and Rules
4. Writ Jurisdiction of Supreme Court
5. Contempt of Courts Act 2013, Rules and Notifications
6. Articles Related to Collegium System of Appointment
7. Art 23 (Protection against Discrimination) – Indian Constitution
8. Legal Aid and Advice (Amendment) Bill, 2015 and 2017 and its implications on the poor people
9. What is the meaning of Quasi-judicial authority?
10. Recent Judgments related to SC/ST POA ACT 1989
11. Judgment of Supreme Court in Vulgar Display Of Women (sections 354 A-D) case
12. Social media impact on Judges : Introduction of social media by some judges has provided a platform for public debates on judicial proceedings.
13. Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 – SC Judgement related with Prevention Of Child Marriage
14. Social Media Laws and its Implications
15. Issues Related To Section 66A Of IT ACT 2000
16. Articles Related to Wire Tapping
17. Arts 14,19,21- Fundamental Rights in Indian Constitution
18. Art 32- Power of Judicial Review by Supreme Court of India
19.. House Removal Proceedings And Its Impact On Family Life
20.. Written Submission before Arbitral Tribunal as a means of evidence under ICSID Rules
21 .Supreme Court Judgment On Constitutional Validity Of Govt Order 109/2011 – Judicious Approach for Judgement
22. Recent Judgements by Hon’ble Supreme Court of India on unauthorised occupation of Govt land
23 . The Limitation Act, 1963 and its Application to Matrimonial Litigations- A comparative study with US Law
24. Recent Judgments related to SC/ST POA ACT 1989
25. Challenge For Judicial Independence in India: An Analysis Of Section 19(1)(a) Of CrPC
26. Articles Related To Contempt of Courts Act 1971 And Contempt Proceedings Before SC & HCs
27. Article 21 – Right to Life Under Indian Constitution
28 . Common Misconception regarding protection against self incrimination under Art 20(3) of Indian constitution
29 . Art 142 – Power of Supreme Court to review its Own Judgment
30. Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 – Validity of UAPA is Not Restricted Only to Terrorist Activities
31. Right to Information Act 2005 and Its Role in Democratic Governance
32. Legal Aid and Advice (Amendment) Bill, 2015 and 2017
33. Fundamental Duties Under Article 51-a
Also, Legal Article Writing Toolkit and guide is included in: How to Write a Legal Article
34 . Judicial Review cases of India – Limitations of JUDICIAL REVIEW
35 . Articles Related to Sovereign Immunity
36 . The Doctrine Of EsM furioso or Necessity Military Necessity Expounded by Viscount Haldane
37 . The legal Limitation on the power of Judiciary to declare a law unconstitutional
38. Articles Related to Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996 and Recent Judgements (2011-2015)
39. Art 14 – Equality Before Law Under Indian Constitution
40 . Recent Judgements Arising from Contempt Proceedings
41. Legal Aid And Advice (Amendment) Bill 2015 – Is It A Good Idea?
42 . Impact Of Internet On Due Process Of Law In 21St Century: An Introduction To Cyberlaw
43. Full form of JJ ACT – Juvenile Justice(Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000
44. Articles related to Environmental Protection Act 1986
45. Supreme Court Judgement on Unauthorized Occupation of Government Land (Article 226)
46. Articles Related to Consumer Protection Act 1986
47 . Family Law Reforms Bill 2014 – Its Types and features
48 . Contempt of Courts Act 1971 and Rules
49. Notifications U/s 7 & 8 Of The Representation Of People Act, 1951
50. The Right To Information Act 2005 And Its Role In Democratic Governance
51 . Legal Aid And Advice (Amendment) Bill 2015 – Is It A Good Idea?
52. Judicial Accountability With Regard To Recruitment And Selection Process For Judges
53 . Recent Judgements by Hon’ble Supreme Court on Article 21- Fundamental Rights
54 Words Commonly Misused Lawyers
55 . Recent Judgements Related To Section 499 of IPC on Criminal Defamation
56. Article 21 – Right to Life Under Indian Constitution
57. Articles Related to Judicial Review of Administrative Actions and its Limits- An Analysis
58. Who is more powerful? HC Judge vs IAS (Comparison of powers)
59.. Supreme Court Judgment On Contempt Proceedings In India – Law & Practice
60 . Law related to Search Warrant under Chapter VIII A Cr PC
61 . Recent Judgements from SC/HC re: Marriage laws after the judgment in Shayara Bano case
62.. Role of Judiciary as a Guardian under Art 37 of Indian Constitution
63. Legal Aid And Advice (Amendment) Bill 2015 – Is It A Good Idea?
64. Recent Judgements by Hon’ble Supreme Court of India on Article 21- Fundamental Rights
66 . Cyberlaw – An Introduction to Various Acts and Rules Pertaining To Cyber Law
67. Articles Related to Contempt Proceedings Under SC/HC Act & CrPC
69 . Articles related to Consumer Protection Act 1986
70.. Judgement u/s 179 Criminal Procedure Code
71. Judgement u/s 193A Criminal Procedure Code
72. Articles Related to Indian Penal Code 1860
74 . National Security Act, 1980 – An Introduction
75. Articles Related to Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Act, 1994
76.. Judicial Review cases of India – Limitations of JUDICIAL REVIEW
77. Help regarding harassment through unwanted telephone calls.
78. Can ancestral property be sold without consent of successors?
79. Concept Of Public Trust Principle Under Common Law 80.. Interference by Union or State Govts with Judicial Matters Regarding Appointment, Transfer And Removal of Judges
81 . Role of Supreme Court As A Guardian – Art.37
82 . International Laws and their Impact on Indian Legal System Article Related to Diplomatic Immunity 83 . Articles Related To Police Act, 1861 84 .. Articles Related to Evidence Act 1872
86. How to prepare for CLAT or Similar Law Entrance exams?
87 . A Judgment Against Sec 377 IPC By Delhi High Court 88.. Constitution of India (Article 162) – Scope of Inquiry by Public Service Commissions
89. Amendments in Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013 – An Analysis
90. How to Ace Law School? [Guide for students]
91. Articles Related To Section 498A IPC
92. Lokpal And Lokayuktas Act, 2013 – An Overview
93. Use Of Contingent Fees in Personal Injury Litigation
94 . Case Law on Mental Capacity Under Indian Law
95. Articles Related to Metro Railways (Construction of Works) Act, 1978
98. Commentaries On Section 8-A of Representation Of People’s Act, 1951
99 . Constitutional & Statutory Bodies Regulating Legal Education
100. Recent Judgements by Hon’ble Supreme Court with regard to Article 21- Fundamental Rights
101 . Articles Related To Consumer Protection Act 1986
As mentioned in this article, there are 101 Legal Topics for Blog Posts on which various Articles can be written. All that is required is to do some research on the topic for which you feel confident and then simply follow these steps. By following these easy steps one can easily come up with an interesting content for their legal blog posts. This way law students can also improve their writing skills along with learning about different legal problems faced by people today while having fun at the same time. I believe that every student who wants to become successful lawyer should have keen interest in both literature and law while pursuing undergraduate studies in Law.
If you have written for any topics that are included in this list or you think there might be some more interesting topics, feel free to comment below and I will be happy to give you a shout-out!
A law student with a mind for technology. A nerd who loves to learn.